Date: May 15th, 2019
Guest Skeptic: Dr. Dara Kass is an Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center.
This is an SGEM Xtra that was recorded at the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine 2019 (SAEM) annual meeting. Dr. Kass received the SAEM Award for the Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine at the meeting in Las Vegas. This award recognizes an SAEM member who has made significant contributions to the advancement of women in academic emergency medicine. All of the SAEM 2019 winners can be found at this LINK.
Dr. Kass and I sat down at SAEM19 for a little chat about a variety of things. You can listen to our discussion on iTunes or Google Play. Here are of few of the things we talked about on the SGEM Xtra podcast:
- SGEM Xtra: FeminEM – Stronger Together
- SGEM Xtra: I Am Woman
- Gender Equity in Medicine Research Foundation (GEMRF)
- Period. End of Sentence
- Revive: A FeminEM Development Retreat
- ACOG19: Mother with baby escorted out of exhibit hall
- FeminEM Idea Exchange 2019 (FIX19)
- Dr. Diane Birnbaumer – Legend of Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Jen Gunter – Super Hero of Science
The SGEM will be back next episode trying to cut the knowledge translation window down from over ten years to less than one year using the power of social media (FOAMed).