Dr. Goldman is an Emergency Medicine physician who works at Mount Sinai hospital in Toronto. He is the host of CBC radio show White Coat Black Art and the author of the bestselling books The Night Shift and the Secret language of Doctors.
- Define kindness, what is difference between kindness and empathy and what is synchrony?
- What is one of your favourite stories from the book about kindness?
- Is kindness nature or nurture (are we born kind or do we learn to be kind)?
- Do healthcare workers have their sense of empathy dulled over the years?
- Is there anything we can do as people who work in the emergency department to be more kind?
We made a BatDoc video which can be viewed by clicking on the link or the thumbnail picture.
The SGEM will be back next week with a structured critical review of a recent publication trying to cut the knowledge translation window down from over ten years to less than one year.
Remember to be skeptical of anything you learn, even if you heard it on the Skeptics’ Guide to Emergency Medicine.